Video recordings can make us all look and sound like cranky four year olds. Do you feel like crawling under the table after watching your latest Skype video recording? Well, all of us would agree that it can be a sticky wicket to bat on. You don’t want to see a bleached out or barely visible you mouthing stuff nobody gets to understand, during a Skype video recording interview that matters a lot to you!
Seven ways to record a video interview you are not embarrassed of
1. Get a decent video recorder. It can be tempting to use free recorders but they usually come with spy ware and ad ware. Opt for a paid one to get better quality.
2. Close and sign out of anything that guzzles up bandwidth. Slow internet connection is nine out of ten times the reason for awful video calls.
3. Play around with the settings before hitting record. You don’t want to fumble your way through which option to pause your recording or monitor your audio stream midway through the recording.
4. Don’t skimp on your headset and use professional quality ones. The Plantronics audio 478 usb headset is a good buy and the ATH m 40 is the best quality headset available for those on a tight budget.
5. Don’t stare at the webcam. Talk naturally and don’t look fixedly into your webcam. Breaking “eye contact” every now and then can make the conversation sound a lot more natural.
6. One easy tip for better sounding video interviews is to leave the audio uncompressed.
7. Do a dry run before the big day and check which lighting works for you and what outfit in your closet looks best on camera. Have a friend help you out with the mock interview before the big day!
Official Blog of http://www.videotranscriptionstar.com